Tuesday 30 July 2013

Passport to Art Day 30

If you want to join in with making an altered book through the month of July click through to the Passport to Art challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt.   Today's prompt asked where you planned to travel next.  The technique challenge was to use your favourite technique from the month but as I had missed out the Dyan Revealey Ghosting technique I did that instead.

Here's the next few pages.

I put gesso on the page and when it was dry, sprayed the fuchsia ink and the black on the page.

I stamped the leaves.

I put gesso on the folded page, sprayed it fuchsia and stamped the leaves.

Using a water brush I painted inside the lines of the leaves and dabbed it with a paper towel which removed some of the ink.

I used a dark green ink to paint in the leaves.  However the gesso absorbs the paint and the leaves are much lighter.

I stuck the folded fuchsia page to the page behind to make a pocket for the tag.  I used Distress Inks on the tag and stamped the leaves.  I used the waterbrush on the leaves in the same way as the page but didn't paint them again.

I added some map paper and the verse and quote.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.