Saturday 27 July 2013

Passport to Art Day 27

If you want to join in with making an altered book through the month of July click through to the Passport to Art challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt.  Today's theme was about disappointment with inspiration coming from the John Masefield poem 'The Seekers'.  The technique challenge was to use wax resist.

The next page is folded up.

I decided to fold the corner down.

I covered the page with gesso and then drew patterns with a white wax crayon.  I used Dylusions inks poured into a palette and a very wet brush.

I echoed the pattern with a stencil and Distress Ink.


I stuck on the piece of page map and the verse.  I did my journaling on the piece that will be folded up.

I stuck the folded corner down and put the verse over the top.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.