Saturday 30 March 2013

My April Calendar

I like to join in with Kate Crane's Calendar Challenge.  My problem is that although I make the calendar it rarely gets filled in.  I said much the same in my blog post about March.

So let's see if I can manage it for April!

To make my April Calendar, I sprayed water on the journal pages and sprayed two colours of yellow.  Despite the risk of everything going brownish, I sprayed Turquoise at the top of the page and sprayed more water to make the inks drip down when I picked up the journal.   I used a Julie Fei-Fan Balzer stencil to draw the raindrops on the pages with an Inktense pencil and then coloured in the shape.

I went over the watercolour crayon with water to blend it.  I used a pale blue Paint Dabber through the stencil to make the raindrops at the edges of the pages.  And stamped with two sizes of the Tim Holtz stamp.

I drew round the raindrops with a Gellyroll pen.  I stamped the month and coloured it with pen.   I wrote the numbers in and the days of the week.   I drew a white highlight on each raindrop.

So now all I have to do is remember to fill it in!

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

1 comment:

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.