Wednesday 13 February 2013

L is for Laughter

If you want to join in with making an A to Z of Me Journal through the month of February click through to the Challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt on Laughter.

I used the clingfilm technique again with Dylusions inks.

Then I put the Rock Candy Crackle Paint through a stencil.  I don't think I put it on thickly enough plus I was impatient and really didn't let it have enough time to crackle.  If you can see a pinky tinge to it, that's because I don't clean my stencils properly and it obviously had been used with a pink spray ink previously!

I used Distress Ink over the edges of the page and on the crackled area.  However the pink didn't show up very well so then I used black.

The black and pink have eventually merged to an aubergine type colour. I tried putting white acrylic paint through the same stencil but it just made a mess and I went round the flowers with a black pen.  I added more of the pink distress ink to cover the white page.

I added the verse, the quote and stamped the word.

I coloured in the letters of the word and drew round the inside of the stamping with white pen.  I wrote down the things that I delight in.

I hope you enjoy playing with crackle paint today.

Bernice



5 comments:

  1. I think the rock candy worked out great! I have to pull mine out.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out so pretty. I like the pinky tint. I am definitely going to have to order some crackle paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those flowers! Great colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you got the cling film to work with dylusions, what's the secret? I'm working on lots of different types of papers in the mini album from AA and I think some pages are easier to do techniques on than others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really lovely page bernice, another new tecnique for me to try out and thankyou for your inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.