Saturday 3 September 2011

Art from the Heart Birthday Blog project


It’s a privilege to be part of the AFTH’s birthday blog.  You will get back to my blog hop post from the Dylusions team hop. If you haven't hopped then you need to start at Dyan's blog.


I love using Dylusions products.  If you haven’t encountered them before there are stamps, spray inks and acrylic paints.  I opted for the Dylusions team for the blog and if you scroll down through my blog you will find other posts about using these products.


 
I decided I would make a minibook as my Dylusions project.   I sprayed Dylusions inks onto an A1 sheet of watercolour paper on both sides and then randomly sprayed through sequin waste.  I used Warm Leather, Velvet, Cyan, Aubergine and Lime.

When the paper had dried I cut it up into 12” x 5” pieces. I finished up with 8 pieces and some odd bits left over.

Using a scoring board I scored at the “2, 6” and 10” mark on 4 of the pieces and at 4” and 8” on the other 4 pieces and then folded.  I put the folded pages into pairs.


Using the Dylusions stamp sets: Around the Edge, How does your garden grow and Further round the edge I stamped randomly on the pages.

I cut one of the spare pieces of paper down to 4½” x 3½” and then ran it through the Cuttlebug in a Tim Holtz embossing folder.   I then highlighted some of the raised parts with Dylusions White and Turquoise acrylic paints.I cut 4 of the other spare pieces down to 5” x 3” and folded these in half.  And on the last piece of spare paper stamped some journaling tags from the Write between the lines set and cut them out.

The last thing to do before assembling was to stamp quotes on some of the pages using Quintessential Quotes, The right words and Say what you mean.

Assembling the book.
I made signatures with 2 of the large folded pieces and one small piece and sewed each signature together.

Then holding the 4 signatures together I wove embroidery thread through the stitches in the signatures.
And then added charms to the long threads left from sewing the signatures.  And added the embossed paper onto the front cover to complete the book.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing how you have made it - I love seeing things like this. Great piece of work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration - now i just need the time to do some creating! Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - lovely to see the method as well as the finished article - simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely sorry I have to post as anonymous but Google wont let me post as myself?? Sue The Iron x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remembered to come back and to add you to my blog roll - oops! Lovely instructions and guess what? I've made a few books like this before when I ran my own classes but yours looked so different, I just had to check and mine certainly wasn't sewn! Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing and especially for sharing the instructions. It's lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!! love all those goodies

    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! I love watching you use these products... maybe someday I can get my hands on some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these books the colours are so subtle. If I had a cuttlebug I would love to try this out as I like the embossed feature on the front. Perhaps Santa Claus will be generous?????

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.