Wednesday 28 September 2016

Glimpses of Jesus 39

Glimpses of Jesus in the Old Testament is a year long bible study written by Simon Clay of Jubilee Church Solihull.   You can join in at any time.

Today's post is continuing the series on the Servant.

To be honest as I read today's passage I was thinking maybe I should have used last week's response for this week.  Only then my attention was drawn to ‘For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of parched ground’ Isaiah 52:2 and the contrast between a tender shoot and the violent list that follows.

The next double pages in my journal already had some paint on.  Painted string was placed between the two pages and the pages pressed together.

I painted a thin layer of gesso on the page I was planning to use, leaving the what looks like chaotic scribble showing through.  I liked the idea of the chaos behind the image that I was about to put on.

With a pale green acrylic paint I printed a grass seedhead onto the page using a Thermofax screen.

I had squeezed out too much paint so I spread that over the next page.

I put a wash of watercolour over the page when the acrylic was dry.  I wanted to make it look like parched earth so while the watercolour paint was wet I sprinkled sea salt over it and left it to dry.

The finished result didn't look particularly parched.

I stamped lightly over the page with brown ink and a stamp.  I printed out the words from the passage on Kraft paper, cut them up and stuck them on my page.


Do have a look back through the posts on the Glimpses of Jesus blog where you will find links to other people's art and poetry.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.