Wednesday 20 July 2016

Glimpses of Jesus 29

Glimpses of Jesus in the Old Testament is a year long bible study written by Simon Clay of Jubilee Church Solihull.   You can join in at any time.

Today's post is about Jesus being described as the chief cornerstone in Psalm 118.

For my journal page today I used a Neocolor 1 wax crayon and made a rubbing from an embossing folder of a brick wall.

I put a wash of watercolour paint over the top

I used the excess paint to colour the page as the piece of paper didn't fit the journal.

However I didn't like the result when the paper dried as one it was too pale and two, the white crayon didn't show up very well.  So I took a larger piece of paper and did it again - pressing on harder with the white crayon.

I printed out the verse and stuck it onto the page.

I coloured the white paper with an Inktense crayon.


Do have a look back through the posts on the Glimpses of Jesus blog where you will find links to other people's art and poetry.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

1 comment:

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.