Monday 2 May 2016

Travel Journal

Thank you for reading my four posts about my holiday in Florida and Ohio.

In November 2014 I met Mary for the first time in real life in Charleston, South Carolina and she gave me one of the altered book journals she makes from recycling old books.  You can see them here on Found on Brighton.   It's smaller than the size I would normally use and so I hadn't used it.  Mary had used a copy of The Tale of Two Cities and it seemed the ideal choice to use as a travel journal for my trip to the two cities of Palm Bay and Toledo!

I used some of the pages and papers Mary supplied.  I also used some scrapbooking cardstock I had in my stash and some more we bought when we visited a great scrapbooking store in Sandusky.

I've made a flip-through video of the finished journal.   The journal got so thick that I put really large bookrings through it but they looked out of proportion with the book so I used twine instead.


Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely Bernice. We are thinking a long the same lines, I have been sorting out my hardcover books to run a workshop using them in this way. With holidays coming they make a great travel journal. Enjoyed your video and seeing how you made your journal. I like the twine - it adds character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to add that I am also thinking of doing another junk journal swap. Trying to fit in so many things at the moment I am chasing my tail but hopefully will get time to draw breath soon and catch myself up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little book for rocking chair memories! You certainly get a lot out of each day - a real inspiration to everyone. I use rings until I finish my journals then substitute some ribbon, twine, whatever fits with the book. Your knot is very interesting and I really like the binding. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just love the title of the book and how your insides tell the story! really a beautiful keepsake! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your journal turned out! I enjoyed going through the memories again as I watched your video. That really ended up being the perfect title for this journal. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.