Thursday 25 July 2013

Passport to Art Day 25

If you want to join in with making an altered book through the month of July click through to the Passport to Art challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt.  Today's prompt asks 'Who are you?'   And the challenge is to use a vaseline resist.

Here's today's page.  The page at the front is folded down with a full page behind it.

I used the vaseline through the stencil onto a piece of 12x12" manila card. Although in this photo it looks more like Kraft card!

I sprayed inks over it but really wasn't very successful.  Perhaps I didn't put enough vaseline.

I used Kaz's method on the tag but managed to smudge that!

I cut the paper into pieces to match the page.

I stuck the piece on the left to the folded page.

I stuck the larger piece to the large page and then stuck the folded piece to the page to make a pocket.

I stuck a piece of map page on and the quote and verse.  I stamped some diamonds to echo the vaseline stencil. I also added some modelling paste through the original stencil.  I added the butterfly stickers.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice


2 comments:

  1. I liked the quotes for yesterday, it was one of those 'make sense' days - love your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the butterfly stickers and the way the key sticks out on your tag.
    I planned out a whole bunch of pages today. Hope to get some more done in the next few days.
    rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.