Friday 12 July 2013

Passport to Art Day 12

If you want to join in with making an altered book through the month of July click through to the Passport to Art challenge blog.

Here on this blog I am going to share how I made the page for today's prompt.  Today's inspiration is Mary and her response to the shepherds and the wise men.  The technique challenge is a bleachout technique with acrylic paint.

This is today's page with the masking tape on ready.

I painted acrylic paint over the page but ended up with a colour I didn't really like.

However I continued.  I put a 12"x12" stencil over the top and sprayed it with water.

When I dried the page with paper towel and then tried to remove some more of the paint as described in the video, it just moved all the paint arround again.

I put the stencil back on and used the other technique of taking the paint off with the baby wipe.

I stamped randomly over the page with a crackle stamp and added the quote and the verse.  I found a Kraft envelope in my stash and stamped a heart on it.  I wrote my journaling on one side of the tag.

I stencilled on the pther side of the tag.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

2 comments:

  1. Nice job with that technique. Baby wipes are a definite part of my painting tool kit.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.