Tuesday 14 May 2013

Spring Tag

We're almost half way through May and coming to the end of our three months of Spring themed projects on 12 Months in View.  Today's guest post is from Nicola and is a Spring tag.

I decided I would use a #12 size tag but I'm in the midst of a big tidy up and I can't find where I put the packet I bought so I made one from a piece of manila card.

Nicola loves to sew and I'm 'not so much'!  So I drew my word and then drew dotted lines with a black pen to look like stitching.

I do have the Tattered Florals Die but decided I would use some of the flowers from my stash.   I used the Tattered Leaves Die and dictionary paper to make the leaves and then coloured them with Distress Ink.  I don't have a cloud stencil so I cut some clouds from a spare bit of paper and used them as a mask.


I inked the tag with Distress Ink and stuck the assembled flowers on with Glossy Accents.   I drew 'stitched' lines on the leaves.

The top of the tag looked a bit empty - partly because it didn't have a hole punched in it - so I stamped the little birds flying away.

I shall stick this into my journal.

Thanks for stopping by.
Bernice

3 comments:

  1. I love your tag! Love how you made it your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fake stitching. The birds are a perfect size to give some perspective.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.