Wednesday 27 March 2013

Getting my art on!!!

Today I was able to have a go with the Gelli Plate I bought last week at Art from the Heart.

I have had some small bottles of Golden Paint for quite a long time (10+ years) and got them out to play with.  They were not really the colours that I use any more so I got out all my Ranger Dabbers as well.

I had ordered a large Dina Wakely stencil from A Sprinkle of Imagination and conveniently that arrived this morning.  So I unwrapped that and found all the large stencils that I have.  Not as many as the small ones!!!

I took some paper out of a sketchbook and decided to limit myself to 10 initial prints using red and yellow acrylic paint.

No. 1 print and the shadow print  using large bubble wrap

Nos. 3 & 4 using a stencil

No. 5 which was actually the stencil I had used above pressed onto the paper

Nos. 6 & 7 using the Dina Wakley Mosaic stencil

No. 8 just pressing onto the stencil and no. 9 using the brayer directly onto the paper

No. 10 - just bits of paint that remained on the stencil

I was going to take a photo as I did each print on top - but I didn't so here are the same sheets of paper after several more layers of monoprinting.

Nos. 1 & 2

Nos. 3 & 4


No. 5

Nos. 6 & 7

Nos. 8 & 9


No. 10

And here are two extra pages that were part of the mop up of the Gelli Plate at various points.


And lastly the very last print that I did to remove all the paint left on the Gelli Plate and probably the best print I did.
 

Some of the pages are more pleasing than others and I've realised that I forgot to look at the level of transparency of the paint so some of the prints didn't work quite as well as others.


Thanks for popping by
Bernice

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading this Bernice, nice to read and see the processes of how other people work (and to find that they forget things like i do!) The more I see that mosaic stencil, the more I like it! Must get me one of those! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your prints! Using the gelli plate is addictive - and the papers make great backgrounds for so many projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I think the last is the best, but some of the others are lovely as well. Tis good to see the process.

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.